UF Email Resources
GatorCloud mailbox is created automatically about two weeks to one month after affiliation is updated to “Newly Admitted Applicant” from “Applicant” if the new admit has a GatorLink account.
The email address that will be made is comprised of the GatorLink username (“GatorLink ID”) follows by @ufl.edu
Note: There is no manual process to create an email account early. The gap is because of sheer amount of mailboxes needed to be created and the hosting provider’s security protocol. [Within this first month some mailboxes might be accessible but mail flow is not fully configured to receive or send emails. Your patience is greatly appreciated while this automated process is happening for newly admitted students.]
To access your GatorCloud email inbox after this time, you can go to outlook.com/ufl.edu.
If you would like to check your email with an email client, please select the appropriate link below. For Frequently Asked Questions regarding email setup, please reference our Wiki Email FAQ’s.
Email Setup Instructions for GatorCloud email (outlook.com/ufl.edu):
- Email Clients (such as Outlook): Please use the new account wizard and enter your email@example.com as the username.
- For Android and IOS devices please download the Microsoft Outlook app from either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Faculty and Staff Email
Faculty and staff email accounts are created at the discretion of the department. If you are having trouble accessing your email or no email account has been created for you, please contact your departmental IT support or call the UF Computing Help Desk (352-392-4357).
For instructions on how to setup your email on your personal devices, please check out info.mail.ufl.edu.
All employees of the University of Florida must use a university provided or approved electronic mail service when conducting University business via electronic mail.
- University of Florida electronic mail may not be automatically forwarded to a non-university provided or approved service.
- University of Florida business must be conducted using an assigned ufl.edu email address.
- Emails on the university mail system have the following default retention settings:
- Inbox and Sent Items: 3 years from creation or receipt
- Deleted Items: Purged after 30 days
For more information on this policy, please see: General Council E-Mail Forwarding Policy