A GatorLink account is an individual’s computer network identity at the University of Florida. Every student, faculty, and staff member is expected to have a GatorLink username and password. Services, such as email, are accessed with the GatorLink account for eligible users with affiliations such as students, faculty, and staff.
- You can use your Gatorlink account to access computers in Academic Technology labs on campus. Please visit labs.at.ufl.edu to see AT computer lab locations.
- You can also use your GatorLink account to print on campus. For more information on Academic Technology printing services and locations, please visit print.at.ufl.edu.
To be eligible for a GatorLink account, an individual must maintain a qualifying affiliation with the University. A list of eligible affiliations can be found at http://identity.it.ufl.edu/identity-coordination/uf-directory-affiliations/reference/. For more information about GatorLink accounts, please visit the UFIT Wiki.
Once you have received a GatorLink Account Invitation to your personal email, you can visit login.ufl.edu and click on the ‘Create Account’ button on the top of the page. Follow the prompts to create your GatorLink username and password. Once you have finished, you will need to wait up to 5 minutes for your account to be able to access UF webpages.
If you have not received an Invitation and believe you should create an account, please contact the UF Computing Help Desk. We will check to see if you have met the basic requirements for an account:
- Business name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Eligible affiliation (http://identity.it.ufl.edu/identity-coordination/uf-directory-affiliations/reference/)
Why can’t I change my username?
Changing an individual’s GatorLink username has ramifications that require action on the part of the individual and the individual’s department. Service issues should be expected following a username replacement. Former usernames will not be active after a GatorLink username replace.
Are there any exceptions?
GatorLink usernames may NOT be changed, except for in extreme circumstances. Eligibility for consideration is based on meeting one of the criteria below:
- A documented legal name change reflected in student records, the UF Directory, or government issued documentation (such as a driver’s license).
- Please note: To qualify for this exception, your former name must be a part of your current GatorLink username. For example, Ronald Smith would not qualify for a username change if his existing username is ufgrad1.
- The current username is considered “commonly offensive.”
- Instances of harassment or where required by law.
What if I meet one or more of those criteria?
Should your situation meet one of these criteria, UF Computing Help Desk will escalate your request to UFIT Identity Access Management team for assistance with your request. All requests that do not meet one of the three criteria listed above will automatically be denied. In addition, this service is not typically offered during the blackout period of the first two weeks of any given semester. [If you are not sure when the semester starts please visit this website: https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/Pages/dates-and-deadlines.aspx]
Note that having an active affiliation of staff, faculty, or student is mandatory.
Will my instructors be able to view my email address in Canvas?
No. If they are emailing from within Canvas, they will only be able to view the first and last name of the student.
My current username & email address is not professional; can I change it so I can apply to jobs and grad schools?
No. Since Students are only guaranteed the use of their UF email account for 6 months following graduation, UF recommends using your personal email address for educational and employment applications to protect against loss of access.